Embracing healthy living can mean changing the way we look at food. Oatmeal isn’t the only hearty grain on the breakfast block. Try this yummy superfood breakfast bowl – it will keep you satisfied for hours with the slow-buring complex carbohydrates of the brown rice and the complete protein of quinoa. I usually make a batch of brown rice and quinoa on the weekend, so this recipe is quick and easy if you already have these grains cooked and ready to go! Oh – I should also mention that goji berries are a source of protein, too! But that’s material for a whole other post. Enjoy!!
- 2 Tbsp goji berries, soaked for at least 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
- Small hand full of raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Almond milk or coconut milk to taste
Heat over stove top the brown rice and quinoa with either water or non-dairy “mylk”.
Transfer to a bowl. Add the re-hydrated goji berries and other toppings – add a splash of mylk if you like, and voila! A super-hearty, superfood breakfast is ready to fill you and nourish you.